February is a love month. It is also the month of St. Valentine’s feast day. And don’t forget the Chinese New Year. For families and sacred marriages, it is a day of Cupid. Cupid in Greek Mythology is the god of love.
February is also the beginning of lent season; where we celebrate the Ash Wednesday. Have you thought of its significance to life? “From dust to dust…” Mardi Gras or street-partying and dancing come celebrated in some parts of the world in this month, too.
But don’t worry GOD is love, so love never dies. We all live to love and be happy.
Here are 10 words for February, which I defined and researched for you, as my gift for the heart’s month:
1. love: charity, sacrifice, heart
John 3:16 – “For GOD loved the world so much that he gave his only Son so that anyone who believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
2. honey: sweetie, thick sweet golden liquid that bees make out of the nectar they collect from flowers
3. dear: precious, special, beloved, spouse
4. baby: sucks milk from the mother, child, babes
5. crush: infatuation, admiration, short-lived love, fantasy
My first crush, prom date
6. adore: worship, admire greatly, love so much
An adorable virtue
An adoration at the Blessed Sacrament
7. The Holy Family: Virgin Mary, Baby Jesus, St. Joseph
An example of great love in the family: hardworking father, sacrificing mother, responsible child
8. heart: a body organ that pumps blood, soul, feeling of affection, bosom, courage
A heart of gold a pure heart, a compassionate heart, a mother’s heart, the Sacred Heart
“Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, we trust in You.”
9. eros: Freudian instinct of sexual desire and self-preservation manifested as the libido
10. cupid: symbol of Valentine’s day or day of hearts (February 14); in Greek Mythology the god of love, son of Aphrodite. The Romans call him Cupid.
And always remember 1 Corinthians 13:4-8…
“Love is very patient and kind, never jealous or envious, never boastful or proud, never haughty or selfish or rude. Love does not demand its own way. It is not irritable or touchy. It does not hold grudges and will hardly even notice when other do it wrong. It is never glad about injustice, but rejoices whenever truth wins out. If you love someone you will be loyal to him no matter what the cost. You will always believe him, always expect the best of him, and always stand your ground in defending him. All the special gifts and powers will someday come to an end, but love goes on forever. “(The Living Bible)
Happy Heart’s month!
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Rosalinda_Flores-Martinez
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/3758585